Data privacy statement
1. Information about the collection of personal data
(1) In the following we inform about the processing of personal data when using the service offer of JOSTARNDT PATENTANWALTS AG. Personal data are all data that are personally identifiable to you, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior.
(2) Responsible pursuant to Article 4, sec. 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is Jostarndt Patentanwalts AG, Philipsstraße 8, 52068 Aachen
(3) We have appointed a data protection officer for our company:
Dr. Dennis Werner
58507 Lüdenscheid Phone: 02351 6685437 Fax: 02351 6685444
We process personal data for the purpose of fulfilling the contractual obligations arising from the mandates assigned to us and in connection with other contractual relationships (e.g. authorities, suppliers, banks, service providers), as well as for information about our services and related legal issues (Art. 6 sec. 1 b DS-GVO) and in the context of a weighing of interests for self-promotion, unless you have objected to the use of your data (Art. 6 sec. 1f DS-GVO). We expressly point out the existing right of objection for the aforementioned use.
2. Your rights
(1) You have the following rights towards us with regard to personal data concerning you:
• The right to information
• The right to correction or deletion
• The right to limitation of processing
• The right to object to processing, including in particular processing based on a weighing of interests
• The right to data transferability
• The right of withdrawal of consent to processing
(2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about our processing of your personal data.
3. Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) If you do not agree to the data collection and processing described below when accessing the Internet, please leave this website, do not download any further parts of our website to your computer and do not contact us by e-mail. Because, the data collection and storage are automatic.
(2) We also process personal data that are collected during a simple visit to our website to improve our Internet offer, in compliance with the applicable data protection regulations. Personal data will neither be published by us without authorization nor passed on to third parties without authorization.
When you visit our websites, our web servers temporarily store each access in a log file. The following data are recorded and stored until they are automatically deleted:
• IP address of the requesting computer
• Date and time of access
• Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GTM)
• Name and URL of the retrieved file
• Amount of data transferred
• Message as to whether the retrieval was successful
• Identification data of the browser and operating system used
• Internet site from which access is made
• Contents of the request – concrete page
• Name of your Internet access provider
• Access status/http status code
• Operating system and its interface
• Language and version of the browser software
These data are processed for the purpose of enabling use of the website (connection establishment), system security, technical administration of the network infrastructure and optimization of the Internet offering. The IP address is only evaluated in the event of attacks on the JOSTARNDT PATENTANWALTS AG network infrastructure.
(3) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard disk in the browser you use and through which certain information flows to the place that sets the cookie (in this case by us). Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet offer more user-friendly and effective overall.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained below:
• Transient cookies (see b)
• Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. This includes in particular the session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which different requests of your browser can be assigned to the common session. This will allow your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and refuse the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies, for example. Please note that you then may not be able to use all functions of this website.
e) This website uses Google Analytics. Once you have given your consent, Google Analytics is used on this website, a web analyzing service of Google Ireland Limited (amp;bdquo;Googleamp;ldquo;). The use involves the operating type amp;bdquo;Universal Analyticsamp;ldquo;.
This way, it is possible to assign data, sessions and interaction across multiple devices to one pseudonym user ID, and thus to make cross-device analysis. This data protection note is provided by www.intersoft-consulting.de
Purposes of the processing operation
As authorized by the operator of this website, Google will use this information for assessing your use of the website, to compile reports about the website activities and to render further services involved with the use of the website and the use of the internet with respect to the website service operator.
The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is your consent according to Art. 6 Sec. 1, page 1 lit. a DSGVO.
Recipients/Categories of recipients
The recipient of the collected data is Google.
Transmission to third party countries
The personal data are transmitted to the US, under the EU/US Privacy Shield, on the basis of the adequacy decisions of the European Union. You can retrieve the certificate here.
Duration of data retention
Data sent by us, linked with cookies, user identifications (e.g. user IDs) or advertising IDs, are automatically deleted after 14 months. The deletion of data the storage period of which is reached, is automatically carried out once a month.
Data subject rights
You may withdraw your consent at any time with future effect, in that you prevent storage or cookies by using a corresponding setting of your browser software; however, we point out to the fact that in this case, it is possible that you will not be able to use the full functionality of this Website. Apart from that, you can prevent the capture of data generated by the cookie and of your website-related data (including your IP address) being sent to Google, by downloading and installing the browser add on. Opt-out cookies prevent the future capture of your data when you visit this website. In order to prevent cross-device data capture by universal Analytics, you have to execute opt out on all used systems. You can opt-out from Analytics tracking by clicking on this link: deactivate Google analytics (Text regarding google analytics originates from: https://www.datenschutzbeauftragter-info.de/fachbeitraege/google-analytics- datenschutzkonform-einsetzen/).
4. Online presence on Social Media
We maintain online presences within social networks and platforms. We would like to call attention to the fact that user data may be processed outside the European Union. This can cause risks for users, for example by complicating the enforcement of users’ rights. With regard to US providers certified under the Privacy Shield we would like to point out that they commit themselves to comply with EU data protection standards. The processing of users’ personal data takes place on the basis of our legitimate interest in effective user information and communication with users in accordance with Art 6 sec. 1 lit. f. GDPPR. If the users are asked by the respective providers for consent to data processing the legal basis of processing is Art. 6 sec. 1 lit. a., Art. 7 GDPR.
5. External contents
6. Use and disclosure of personal data
Any use of your personal data only takes place for the purposes mentioned under clause 1 and to the extent required for reaching said purpose.
Transmitting personal data to government institutions and officials only takes place within the framework of mandatory legal provisions or for the reason of public interest, in particular if the disclosure is necessary in case of attacks on our network infrastructure for legal action or criminal prosecution. Art. 6 sect. 1 lit. a., Art. 7. There is no disclosure to third parties for other purposes.
7. Consent to further use of data
Besides the purely informatory use of our website, we offer various services which you may use upon interest. To that end, you usually will have to indicate further personal data we use for rendering the respective service, such as with electronic circular letters or forums, which require a prior registration and further processing of personal data, that is, for example a long-term storage of email addresses, user identifications and passwords.
The use of such data only takes place for the purposes mentioned in the context of the collection, which go beyond the fulfillment of our contractual obligations from the client relationship and if you have transmitted them to us and given you consent in advance.
(Art. 6, sect. 1a, DSGVO)
Special note: You can revoke your consent at any time with future effect. Please sent the cancellation in written form (see above) or via email to us, to the email address: ed.tdnratsoj@nehcaa
Personal data, which are transmitted by you via email, are stored by JOSTARNDT PATENTANWALTS AG and are used to process the email according to the pursued purpose. JOSTARNDT PATENTANWALTS AG does not want to receive unsolicited advertising and other similar offers.
If you wish to get in touch with us via email, we point out to the fact that the content of unencrypted emails may be seen by third parties. We therefore recommend sending confidential information by postal mail. Please consider that personal data transmitted together with the email is stored and processed for further processing of your inquiry. (See above under 3).
JOSTARNDT PATENTANWALTS AG uses technical and organizational security measures in order to protect your personal data managed by us
against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, or destruction or against access
by unauthorized persons.
10. Links to websites of third-party providers
Our website may contain links to websites operated by third-party providers. Please note that this data privacy statement exclusively applies for the websites of JOSTARNDT PATENTANWALTS AG. We have no way of influencing the practices of other providers with respect to data protection, nor do we carry out any checks to ensure that they conform with the relevant data privacy policies.
11. Validity and effectiveness of the data privacy statement
This data privacy statement dates back to April 2019 and remains valid as long as it is not replaced by any updated version.
Due to development of our website or the implementation of new technologies, it might become necessary to change this data privacy statement. JOSTARNDT PATENTANWALTS AG reserves the right to amend this data privacy statement any time with future effect. We therefore advise you to read through the up-to-date data privacy statement from time to time.
12. General Contact:
Represented by the Board of Management:
Dr. Hans-Dieter Jostarndt
Dr. Tilman Fischer, Chairman
Phone: +49(0)241 400 71 – 0
Fax: +49(0)241 400 71 – 21